Installing wine, the windows emulator to execute dos/Win32 programm executables (.exe) under Xandros on the ASUS EeePC can be a bit challenging- but if you follow my guide you should have it up and running in a few minutes. Do this:
1. Open the console/a terminal by pressing CTRL + ALT + T
2. Paste the code into the console window just beside $home>
3. Paste below, then ENTER:
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
4. Paste below, then ENTER:
sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/etch.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
5. Paste below, then ENTER
sudo apt-get update
6. Paste this, then ENTER
sudo apt-get install wine
7. Restart the EeePC!!
8. Paste below, then ENTER
Just check the outputted info and see if everything seems okay. No action should be required.
Starting a program can be done by right-clicking on the .exe and choosing "Open with..." > "wine", just a double-click, or from the console with wine /<path>/<to>/<file>.exe
wine install explanation:
3. Fetches the hash key to correctly identify the wine apt package
4. Fetches the information about the location of the wine packages and adds them to the ../apt/sources lists
5. Rebuilds the apt-get "available packages" list now including wine
6. Tells apt-get to install wine
8. Is a utility that dies a basic init and tells you how wine is currently configurated.
Note on "speicherzugriffsfehler":
If you get a strange "Speicherzugriffsfehler" when trying to execute win32 binaries using wine after the above steps, this is a hint that you skipped Step 7: "Restart your EeePC"! Wine is not yet fully installed, reboot and refresh your system setup - and the error should be gone!